Long-Tail Sunset Stir-Fried Prawns
Large sauté pan, Small mixing bowl
- 2 Tbsp refined coconut oil (high smoke point)
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 lb — 16/20 prawns, peeled and veins removed
- 2 tsp Long-tail Sunset, add 1–2 tsp more if you like spicy
- 2 tsp chopped ginger
- 4 garlic cloves
- Heat pan on high heat and add coconut oil.
- In a small bowl, mix soy sauce, oyster sauce, fish sauce, lime juice and honey and set aside.
- Place prawns evenly spaced in the hot oil.
- Cook for approximately 1 minute, allowing the prawns to begin to change from clear to opaque.
- Add the chopped garlic, ginger, and Longtail Sunset. Toss to combine, taking care not to burn the spices.
- When the garlic is starting to brown (about 1 minute), add the the sauce from step 2.
- Continue to cook until the sauce has thickened and toss to coat the shrimp, about 10–20 seconds.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve over coconut garlic rice.
Things to remember
- Refined coconut oil has a high smoke point and works really well with the flavors of this dish
- Reduce the heat to medium before adding garlic, ginger and spices so they don’t burn
- Garnish with chopped chiles, lime zest, sesame seeds, or green onion. Get creative!
Find more at: recipes.spicetribe.co