Caramelized Onion and Porcini Braised Chicken Legs
Dutch oven or oven safe pot with a lid
- 4 chicken legs
- 3 yellow onions, sliced
- 1 cup of rich homemade stock with fat
- If you don’t have homemade stock, use 3/4 cup of low sodium chicken stock and 1/4 cup olive oil.
- 1 Tbsp Porcini Paradiso
- 1/4 cup ghee
- Salt to taste
- Garnish with lemon wedge chopped parsley and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Heat Dutch oven over high heat, when hot add ghee.
- Season and sear chicken legs to brown on both sides, about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove chicken legs to a plate and add onion.
- Cook the onions down for about 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Stir in the spices and add the chicken legs back to the pot followed by the chicken stock
- Season with salt and cover the pot with a lid and bake for 1 hour or until chicken is tender.
- Serve over rice with a side of our sautéed mushrooms
- Sprinkle parsley to garnish and black pepper
Things to remember
Find more at: recipes.spicetribe.co