Heavy bottomed large saucepan for frying
Slotted metal spoon or fine meshed spider
Paper towels over a sheet pan or large plate
Fine meshed sieve for straining oil after you’re done
- 1–2 cups neutral high temperature oil, such as corn, soybean, peanut or sesame oil
- 3–5 shallots, peeled and sliced thin
- Salt, to taste
- Slice shallots thinly.
- Add oil to large saucepan and add shallots; turn on heat to medium.
- ir frequently as the shallots cook, they will turn from translucent to light brown — about 15 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon or spider to pull them out of the oil and spread onto paper towels.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- After they cool, use immediately or store in an airtight container.
- After the oil cools, strain it through a fine meshed strainer for future use.
- Serve over your favorite dish such as the Mombacho Cafe Pork Chops
Things to remember
Find more at: recipes.spicetribe.co